London is, undoubtedly, one of the best places to visit in the world, popular and beautiful and rich with culture, heritage and history. Filled with the largest number and variety of tourist sites, spots, destinations, attractions, places of interest that you must visit at least one, London has a number of great qualities that just make you fall in love with the wonderful city. If you are planning to visit London, plan ahead and make an itinerary of your stay too. That is the best way to ensure that you will have a smooth, hassle – free and simply marvelous holiday experience. From high street, first class shopping facilities to huge, wide open green spaces like parks and gardens, amazing city nightlife, fun and adventure sports activities, and definitely a long, long list of tourist spots, sites, attractions, destinations and other places of interest that include beautiful, magnificent royal monuments and landmarks and other such beacons of the beautiful heritage London boasts of.
The best thing about London is that a vacation here does not necessarily need to break the bank. There are several things you can do on a budget. Most of the best parts of London even come for free. And you know as they said, the best things can never be bought. You can definitely enjoy London even when you are on a budget. And with the introduction of Brexit, tourists are now benefited tremendously. Here are a few of the most amazing things you can do and memorable places you can visit in the British capital city, at the most affordable rates and prices, and in some cases, even for free.
Visit the Museums
Most of the most amazing and famous museums are free in London. For example, you are greeted by a roaring tyrannosaurus Rex at the Natural History Museum, where you can also have a memorable experience at the earthquake simulator and check out the numerous other interesting and fun exhibits and other displays. You can explore and learn about the legendary history of the British capital city at the Museum of London. You can explore the beautiful Victoria and Albert Museum and see the beautiful, amazing things on display. Learn about the history of the beautiful, famous Thames River at the Museum of London Docklands. Hold a real, genuine bar of solid gold at the popular Bank of England Museum. There are several other such museums which offer free entry. Not only that, most of them have excellent locations, well – connected and easily accessible. But for you to be able to easily visit them, you must choose to lodge at a hotel with a convenient location as well. you should search for the best, suitable hotels near Earls Court.
Parks and Green Spaces
London is popular for its beautiful, large open green spaces, numerous parks and gardens where you can have an amazing, relaxing and peaceful time. These are free of entry. From picnics to just leisurely strolls; they are perfect. From the Wimbledon Common, which even comes with a windmill, a nature trail as well as pond; to Bushy Park and Richmond Park; both of which offer fantastic opportunities for deer – spotting, London’s parks and gardens have something for everyone. Hyde Park offers great opportunities to go running or just walk around in the lap of nature. You can watch several different species of birds at St James Park. Also notable is the amazing Peter Pan statue you should not miss, located in Kensington Gardens; which is near Park Grand London Kensington, one of the best 4 star hotels all over the British capital city. A beautiful hotel in a relaxed setting, the Park Grand Kensington offers a number of enviable benefits, services and facilities including free Wi-Fi facilities and excellent dining as well as a stylish bar. All of this comes with an extremely convenient location, all at highly affordable rates and prices.
Attractions and Tourist Sites
You can watch the world – famous phenomenon, Changing of the Guard, outside the Buckingham Palace for free. You can also do a number of other great things in London for free, such as following the footsteps of the legendary Beatles down Abbey Road, meet the stone lions at the legendary Trafalgar Square, visit the Big Ben, check out the houses of the Parliament and so on and so forth.
Enjoy Happy Hours at some of London’s fantastic nightlife opportunities, pubs and bars, most of which are extremely affordable.
You can visit the Sky Garden for some truly fantastic views. South Bank is an excellent place to take a short walk. Millennium Bridge makes for some fantastic memories. Here are some other miscellaneous things for you to do for free in London:
- Get a load of amazing culture and heritage at Sherling High – Level Walkway, God’s Own Junkyard, and British Library and so on and so forth.
- Check out the wide range of London’s free art galleries, most of which are world – famous, such as Guildhall, National Portrait Gallery, Tate Modern, Wallace Collection, and National Gallery and so on.
- Groove to the tunes of free live music and entertainment at the Royal College of Music, Royal Academy of Music, Southbank Centre, Camden Town, Brixton, the Forge, et cetera.
- Get a load of the rich history of London and Britain at the Museum of London, Guildhall Art Gallery and so on.
- Celebrate the lovely free festivals such as the Chinese New Year, Totally Thames festival, Notting Hill Carnival and so on. Do not miss the vibrant, colourful celebrations of Pride in London and parades, and celebrate with the LGBTQ community.
- Admire luxury and deluxe yachts and lovely boats at St Katherine Docks.
- Check out the amazing pieces of architecture at Regent Street.
- Hear some of the most vocal and influential orators of London share and discuss their opinions at Speakers’ Corner in Hyde Park.
- Enjoy a laugh at the Top Secret Comedy Club and have an amazing time at Angel Comedy Club.